ESG and Sustainable Finance for Corporates
Supporting Corporates along every step of their sustainability journey.
We offer sustainable finance solutions and services that can help corporates adapt to evolving market expectations as well as help them capitalise on new opportunities
We are specialist teams with capabilities in Sustainable Finance for Corporates and ESG Advisory, supporting our corporate customers across the full breadth of financing and risk solutions. Our solutions range from sustainable capital raising across all debt formats, to sustainable treasury and liquidity, bespoke risk solutions, and research.
We help corporate treasurers adapt to the evolving ESG-based market expectations, by providing them support with the following:
Sustainability strategy / KPIs
- Non-financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Adherence to reporting standards e.g. Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD)
- Peer best practices
- Quantitative/qualitative balance
- Green/sustainable/social debt (bonds, term loans)
- Private placements for specific projects
- Allocation to ESG investors
- Use of proceeds instruments
- KPI-linked instruments
Cash investment strategy
- Sustainability criteria (exclusionary/impact focus)
- UN Principles of Responsible Investment
- Green/ESG deposits
ESG rating management
- Close dialogue with major agencies (Sustainalytics, ISS ESG, Vigeo Eiris, MSCI etc)
- Target rating/ranking (publicly communicated)
- Political initiatives
- Disclosure on sustainability strategy and metrics
- ESG investor engagement
- Extracts from ESG agency reports
- ESG/sustainability questionnaires
- Sustainability/ESG metric based hedging
- Hedging counterparties
- Liquidity: ESG pricing based Revolving Credit Facility (RCF)
How we could support your business
We take a holistic approach to assist you with all aspects of sustainability and sustainable finance.
Our capabilities include:
- ESG Reporting & Disclosure
- Guidance on regulatory and other market developments
- All forms of sustainability debt
- Sustainability-Linked debt
- Green and ESG-Linked Commercial Paper
- Green supply chain finance
- ESG-Linked derivatives (e.g. FX forwards, interest rates swaps)
- ESG rating advisory
- ESG deposits
We are proud to have supported numerous customers with a wide range of ESG transactions, celebrating many sustainability ‘firsts’ in key sectors and making a name for ourselves in the sustainable finance market.
You can read in more detail about how we have helped our corporate customers on our Case Studies page. Or see recent examples of our work below:
NatWest Markets ESG Product Framework
We also actively research and share key ESG market trends having introduced the “Green halo effect” and “green treasury strategy” concepts to the market.
Published on NatWest website with permission from ISS-oekom. ISS-oekom are authors of the material and its contents.