Asset Based Lending
Offering corporates secured financing solutions against receivables and other collateral classes
Asset Based Lending (ABL) offers secured financing solutions against receivables and/or other collateral classes (inventory, plant and machinery, and property) for corporate customers, including those owned by private equity sponsors.
We originate, structure and execute ABL solutions on a bilateral and syndicated basis. ABL could be used across transactions that include working capital, acquisitions, re-financings, turnaround and restructuring.
We are able to help corporate customers identify how to utilise their balance sheet to access lower cost capital.
How could Asset Based Lending support your business?
ABL could be an attractive financing option owing to its flexibility and availability for all corporate purposes and sectors. The lending can be based on: Receivables, Inventory, Plant and Machinery, and Property. We can undertake asset due diligence across all asset classes.
Finance is subject to status. Security may be required. Product fees and eligibility criteria may apply.
- Our team handles both the execution of transactions and the ongoing monitoring of collateral performance.
- Our product is flexible and available for the majority of purposes, sectors and across the credit spectrum to support appropriate capital structures.
- We’ve earnt a strong reputation for our deep market and client knowledge and for our ability to structure and deliver innovative ABL solutions.
Our portfolio and recent successes
- Due to the way security is structured, ABL truly is sector agnostic.
- We’re proactively targeting opportunities across different sectors to further grow our quite diverse £2.6bn portfolio as the deals below demonstrate:
Our areas of expertise
ABL could be particularly suitable for:
- Event driven financing, including acquisitions by both Corporates and Private Equity Sponsors.
- ABL works alongside other debt structures including traditional senior bank debt (RCFs, Term Loans) as well as Unitranche facilities offered by third party senior lenders (i.e. debt funds).
- Capability to fund exports to over 40 approved territories.
GBP 27,000,000 Multi-Currency Receivables Finance Facility; GBP 15,000,000
February United Kingdom
Revolution Beauty Limited
GBP 11,000,000 Receivables Finance Facility; GBP 9,000,000 CLBILS
Bilateral Lender: RBSIF & NatWest
November 2020 United Kingdom
Cinch Fleetco Limited
GBP 50,000,000 Inventory Finance Facility
October 2020 United Kingdom
Nature's Way Foods Limited
GBP 25,000,000 Invoice Discounting Facilities; GBP 7,500,000 Lombard Pre-Inception Facility; GBP 5,000,000 CLBILS Facility
August 2020 United Kingdom
Kingsland Drinks Limited
GBP 50,000,000 Asset Based Lending; GBP12,000,000 Lombard & NatWest Markets
June 2020 United Kingdom
GBP 25,000,00 Inventory Finance Facility
March 2020 United Kingdom
BSW Timber Group
GBP 40,000,000 Revolving Asset Based Lending Facility; GBP 8,700,000 Lombard Asset Finance Facility
Lender: Royal Bank of Scotland
February 2020 United Kingdom
Quick Reach Powered Access Limited
GBP 25,000,000 Asset based Lending Facility; GBP 1,000,000 Lombard Asset Finance
January 2020 United Kingdom
A W Jenkinson Transport
GBP 18,000,000 Confidential Invoice Discounting
March 2020 United Kingdom