Advising corporates and financial institutions on their strategic environmental, social and governance positioning
We provide ESG-related advice so you can adapt to evolving market expectations and capitalise on new opportunities.
We’re a product-neutral team, with a deep understanding of ESG-related trends and the Sustainable Finance market and bring together extensive experience of corporate ratings, advisory and implementation.
We work closely with our NatWest and NatWest Markets colleagues in origination and execution to deliver you a joint ESG proposition.
How we could support your business:
We take an holistic approach to assisting you with all aspects of ESG - from ESG ratings and reporting, to investor engagement and related financing products. Green, social and sustainability bond issuance has picked up materially, and investor demand is stronger than ever. We’ve been at the forefront of this issuance wave where issuers have achieved all-time highs for their orderbooks and/or the lowest coupons.
Finance is subject to status. Security may be required. Product fees may apply.
With sustainability at the heart of NatWest’s Purpose strategy, we're committed to supporting you in developing and financing your sustainable business strategies.
- We are the #1 Bookrunner for UK and Ireland green, social and sustainability labelled corporate debt issuance for 2020 ytd (Source: Dealogic, September 2020).
- We have a strong record in active Sustainable Finance mandates and a deep market insight into best-in-class ESG strategies for corporates.
Our areas of expertise
We offer the following specialised services:
- Planning, preparing for and acting on institutional developments (e.g. EU Taxonomy, Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD))
- Identify ESG market expectations and align corporate ESG strategies to meet or exceed these expectations
- Optimise ESG reporting and ensure alignment with leading non-financial reporting requirements
- Advice and insight into investor and rating agency ESG strategies and priorities
- Support to obtain or optimise ESG ratings and advice on the impact of ESG drivers on credit ratings
- Advice on the most suitable ESG financing instrument and then structure and develop a financing framework
- Identify sustainable projects and align to recognised taxonomies and standards with the aim of a successful financing
- Help with ESG investors communications such as roadshow co-ordination and investor presentations
GBP 2,500,000,000 Revolving Credit Facility
Mandated Lead Arranger RFR Manager & Facility Agent: NatWest
September 2020 UK
N.V. Nederlandse Gasunie
EUR 600,000,000 Revolving Credit Facility
Mandated Lead Arranger: NatWest
April 2020 The Netherlands
EQT Fund IX
EUR 1,826,707,978 USD 495,674,643 Investor Backed Loan Facility
Original Lender: RBS International
June 2020 Sweden
Drax Finco plc
EUR 250,000,000 Senior Secured Notes
Joint Active Bookrunner & Sole ESG Ratings Advisor: NatWest
October 2020 UK
Burberry Group plc
GBP 300,000,000 Sustainability Bond 1.125% Senior Unsecured Notes Sue September 2025
Active Bookrunner: NatWest Markets
September 2020 UK
Kingspan Group plc
~EUR 750,000,000 equivalent Green Guaranteed Senior Notes Due 2028/2030/2031/2032
Joint Agent: NatWest
September 2020 Ireland